![]() |
| Right off the edge into... |
So, after researching the bowl for a while, then falling into a VERY short-lived IRL "relationship" (if you can even call it that), here I am. I've started to actually check my SD site profiles to see what happens.
For a while...NOTHING.
Perhaps it was the fact that I never logged on, or that I pretty much never responded to the early requests when I first joined, but the fish were NOT biting with I took the plunge at the end of last month (Dec.).
What's wrong, I wondered. I'm not unattractive (not full enough of myself to think I'm everyone's cup of tea, either), so why am I only getting one or two hits a week?
Honestly, it was the pictures I used. I was trying way too hard to be discreet, so I used photos that didn't highlight the parts of myself I love most: my height, long hair, and "intriguing" (or so I've been told) eyes. New girls, don't DO that! If you don't love the photo you put up, neither will anyone else.
So, I went back & switched out a couple shots, signed up for a new site, and lo & behold...
I met Mr. Skyscraper.
He sent me a really nice message on EM that set me at ease & didn't sound like he was a complete nutbag (plus he has a great smile & happens to be a little younger than one of my IRL exes), so I replied. He was open & answered my questions without hesitation, so we exchanged emails.
Today, we had our first phone call, and I laughed until I almost hacked up my lungs [I've got a cold]. He didn't mind.
At the end of our conversation, he reiterated that our time together, should we decide to move forward, would be limited because he is attached. I told him, again, I'm okay with that.
We've both agreed we'd like to get together as soon as I'm feeling well & discuss things more. He seems the gentleman, so I'm looking forward.
Only time will tell. Wish me luck, Ladies!
I'll always do the same for you,
Dandie

Hey Dandie, Its great that things are getting underway for you. And I'm excited that you decided to blog about it.
ReplyDeleteThanks Love...I'm going to keep some stuff under wraps until it comes to fruition (so as to avoid jinxing it),but I look forward to what comes of it all.
ReplyDelete